Monday, July 25, 2011

Let's go BACK to the 4th of July!!

Now to catch up on all this blog stuff.  It’s amazing to me how depend I personally have become on this cute little net book.  It’s been the best purchase for me ever!  It’s small enough to fit in my bag/mommy purse, and light enough that I take it wherever I want!  I love writing while the kids play at the park or are at gymnastics.  How funny it was when Mark sent it off to get serviced (before our warranty was up), I felt like life had no meaning…I’d find myself walking in circles…crying all the time…sleeping way too much…oh wait…that’s depression…I was just in a way feeling lost when this little guy was gone.  So now it’s been a few weeks and I’ve got a little catching up to do.  Not much truly has gone on.  We did have Mariah (Jeffrey’s girlfriend) come out here for a nice week’s visit!  She’s like finding GOLD!  She helped with the kids…the kids LOVED ALL over her…they were able to get away from 24-7 Mom and have a bit of a nice change!!  And the funny thing was when Riah was here we had the best weather ever…I’m talking not only sunshine…but 70’s+ AND sunshine…I know – how crazy is that…it went back to the low-mid 60’s the day she left! STINK!  We got to have Riah here to celebrate the 4th of July.  We were pretty nervous about this event.  It wasn’t until the week before this date did a few events start showing up to celebrate it and the NO FIREWORKS was a theme everywhere.  Now being from the cornfields on IN and having my cute pyre hubby it was vital to our living if we didn’t at least SEE a fireworks show!  We found about 3 but they closest one was a nice hour away, in Morgan Hill.  They also had the biggest parade in the USA and a car show with a fun carnival going on all day.  So our plan was to go early and hang out and stay late for the show, Riah was good with that too. So we took off prepared to be gone all day.  No one thought twice about the weather…it was nice alright…too nice for what we’ve been used to!  First off, the parade WAS the longest ever…withOUT 1 piece of candy…and it was a good 90+ and we had NO shade!  The kids were bored…but it was not too bad if we didn’t have to sweat SO badly.  Riah found a seat in the shade of a stranger dude’s butt!  So she held onto Grissom!  After this we needed water and a place to rest…so we headed to the carnival!  NOT BETTER!!  The Carnival wasn’t terrible after all we did get to buy more of our favorite raw honey!  But it was SO hot and so not windy that it was totally miserable.  The carnival had 1 face painter, 2 plow-p jumpy things, and a bunch of people selling crap, oh and they had a performer’s stage and so we got to see people dance as if they were in the 80’s and trust me when I say…it REALLY sucked! Oops!  We tried to get the kids to jump on the air toys, but the sun had them SO hot that they couldn’t stand to touch them with their little feets…Riah AND I got into the shaded jumpy box thing and jumped with the kids for a few minutes.  We needed a new plan!  So we decided to hit Wal-mart grab some fun park-like things to do (bubbles, balls, etc.) and then find a nice park to play in and rest in.  All went well, until we tried to find a park…the GPS would take us there but the parks were NO longer!  We went to 3-4 different parks that ended up NOT being there!!  Talk about frustrating!  We ended up having to stop for ice cream!!  Then once again we revamped.  The gal at the ice cream store told us to go grab seats for the fireworks show early and I’m SO glad we did cause it was the most beautiful park ever!!  The kids had SO much fun!  We did wait forever for the show to start but it was really worth it!!  We were SO grateful just to have someone from home (Mariah) with us for this holiday!!
                We also took her the Ft. Ord and the kids showed off their climbing skills…we LAYED OUT in the hot sun at the Fishermen’s Wharf beach, we played until we fell over at Denise the Menace Park, we did MY Museum play time too, and we went out for tons of ice cream…STILL blaming Carlie for that.  When she was here we HAD to stop at every McDonalds or Cold Stone just because it was there…ok…AND I might have LOVED it cause of the whole baby thing! Ha!!  We had originally planned on keeping baby #4 a secret from Riah after all we’d been able to keep it from Carlie, but as the first 24 hrs happened I was seeing and watch her see and watch me and I could read the wonder on her face…but she dared not ask.  She heard my violent gagging when I brushed my tooth, my obvious sudden dislike for food that Mark would mention, or the slight (NOT) weight gain on my belly area only (I was playing it off as my new beer/wine gut…hmmmm), or how about the need for a nap, or my snappiness as I tried to skip it in the name of keeping quite!  Or better yet, even though not talking was mostly Mark’s idea the first night she’s with us…he turns over to me at about 10 (my normal ice cream desiring time) and asks, “Hey…do you need anything??  I gave him a look like what are you doing?  But he ended up making a late MacDonald’s ice cream sundae runs…those are SOOO good!  I MIGHT have to get one after I’m finished typing today! Ha!! 
                So I told Mark we had a choice…we could keep going and hope she didn’t ask but that came with the risk that she’d go home and tell everyone she thought we were expecting…or we could tell her in hopes that her little competitive spirit would help her keep the secret…so…after struggling through dinner that second night (we decided to take Mariah to our favorite seafood place on the ocean, The Fish Hopper and I gagged walking in out of the blue!)  She also noticed the sudden Disinterest in having a glass of wine in the evenings (like I enjoy some nights)…after dinner we walked around bought the kids candy from the candy store…yeah, ‘auntie’ Riah had to live it up for my kids…ALL THE WAY!  We walked back to the van, I had Riah put Grissom in his seat while Mark had an impromptu meeting with Ella and Keegan telling them they’d done such a great job at keeping the baby a secret that it was ok to tell Riah…and told them to tell her when mommy turned around and turned on the van light!   The excitement was mounding.  We could sense and hear a sudden uproar in both the kids.  I did my part and next thing I remember was grabbing my ears because they were ringing with yells and excitement that baby ‘sister’ was in mommy’s tummy!  What was super funny was Riah…holding back that giddy giggle she has she calmly asked, “For real?”  Even though I knew that she was wondering we had to convince her that we were being serious! Ha!!  It was cute!!  Then came a lil’talk about how we needed to wait at least 2 more weeks before we felt good to tell anyone else…she promised to keep the secret!  Now all was out and I could express the struggle of having 3 items of clothing that were fitting…and my need for new clothing items, but having a hard time believing it to truly being a reality myself it was hard to admit I was in a bind and waiting until our trip home was just not going to cute it all the way…so Riah and I took a day just the two of us and we headed to one of the biggest outlet malls in California, The Gilroy Outlets…w/ over 150 stores!  We did really good I’d have to say…Riah got super excited about the Bath & Body Works store but with good reason…it was super cheep!!  But that was fun to watch!  Then I think she had a good time dressing me in a new maternity outfit!  It’s totally cute, but I feel a good 10 years younger wearing it!  You’ll see it I’m sure cause it will be 1 or the 2 outfits I have in maternity out here!  It was truly a sad day when we said good bye.  I took her to the airport about 4:45 a.m. well before the kids were up so when they did get up for the day I heard total devastation and sadness from all three.  Grissom comes running full speed out of their rooms yelling, “Riah…where R U????”  And he just sat down and looked at the floor when he realized she really wasn’t there.  We had to do something…SO we left that little shoebox of a home!!  (4th of July!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment