Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sunday...after the magic

So…Sunday was a rough day period.  At this point we all knew Paw-Paw was leaving which made everyone’s heart hurt a little, we had to pack all up and say good bye to the Magical Disney Land, and take a nice 6 hour drive home with super tired us AND the kids! 
  Grissom comes running into our room at the hotel with shaving cream ALL over his face.  My first thought was that he stole some and RAN…but then I remembered how dad used to ‘shave’ with Jeffrey when he was little.  I have a picture of Grissom and then Keegan ‘shaving’ with spoons with Paw-Paw as he got ready for his flight home. 


It was hard to say good bye to dad…knowing we probably wouldn’t see him again until Oct.  I think it hurt him just as much as it hurt us…we sure miss Paw-Paw!
  But it was made a tiny bit easier knowing that we still have mom/Nauna for a while longer. 
Our drive home felt like it took longer then the trip here…hmmm…we did stop at Marie Calendar’s for dinner AND PIE!!  I couldn’t help but think of my mother-in-law who mades pies JUST as good (hee, hee!)  Anyway, that made Mark a happy Camper…AND Ella and Keegan both got to ride with mom and I in our fun little car!

No comments:

Post a Comment