Tuesday, June 21, 2011

This last weekend was ful of Father's Day Fun!

I noticed that our stock of fruit and veggies for smoothies were draining and we needed tons of other groceries...so Friday was a fun day of shopping.  We started out at our favorite You Pick It farm: Pic-Yur-Sef farm.  I'm not sure what's more disturbing hearing Mark make up a song about picking oneself...or hearing my 2 oldest in the back of the van singing, "Oh, yeah, Let's go pic-Yourself...cause we LOVE to pick ourselves...picking ourselves is what we like to do...cause it's SO much fun to pick yourself...' and on and on and on.  I'm just glad we went to PICK FRUIT!!  Anyway, we picked a ton of olallieberries(?).  They are like blackberries but sweeter.  Well, let me go back a second.  Mark, Ella, Keegan, and I picked 'em...meanwhile everyone Grissom picked ended up in his tummy.  he'd run down the row...act like he was hiding grab one, eat it, then run back laughing like he got away with murder.  Too bad for him he left evidence ALL over his face, hands, hair, ears, AND jacket! ha!!  It was cute. 
We went to El Super (the Latino store) and Moss Landing's fruit/veggie stand, and not stopping there we hit the wal-mart to save money SO we could grab the STEAK for daddy at SaveMart!  Good thing we did ALL our shopping in this long day!  The kids ROCKED!!  So we grabbed dinner at home and headed to Mr. Popper's Penguins movie...LOVED IT!!  Even the day or 2 afterwards, Keegan and Ella both commented on how much they LOVED that movie!  It was super cute and very fun - this WILL be joining our family library on DVD!!  Anyway, here are a few pictures from this adventure:
this was a VERY foggy day, but not too cold.

The folks that HELPED...

the stinker that ATE...this was before he looked too messy

OK...now with these last picture, I want you to know I mean NO disrespect to the deceased, but when i saw this I just HAD to stop and take pictures.  I felt like I was in a scary movie and I was being shot at.  I think these are super neat...I told Mark I think our family should get one...too bad I want to be cremated and added to my flower gardens! ha...anyway, these pictures are just neat!






We went hiking on Saturday...but uploading those pics will take forever, so I'll get that done later...we are also totally PUMPED cause tomorrow Carlie and Aiden fly in for a short visit!! YEAH!  So I'm sure we'll have fun adventures with the boys just days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment