Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Labor Day...now STOP 'Laboring'

Monday…HAPPY LABOR DAY!! 
Things are quiet around here and this holiday is only celebrated by a few.  Most folks around here have to work…its tourist town…so their lives don’t even stop for the holidays, but ours did! 
It looked again to be a nice foggy day…so we were trying to come up with something to do that wouldn’t involve being stuck in this place or in the fog for that matter.  The kids wanted a little room time so we decided after lunch to get out beach stuff and DRIVE until we found a sunny spot! 
WE WERE DETERMINDED! 
So we packed out lunch and took off…luckily it turned out that there was fog everywhere…but close to the Fishermen’s Wharf it seemed a little lighter.  So we headed there!  Mark set up the wind tent and the kids got prepared to play in the sand.  The sun came out for a short time and the fog came back…BUT we said a quick prayer and low-and-behold within minutes the fog dissipated
(how’s that word Carlie?)
 and we were able to sit in our suites while we read and the kids played.  It was still too cold to touch the water, but just being close to it made you feel rejuvenated! 



I’m reading a new book…one with Carlie…I’m sure she’s done with it already, but I’m hoping by the time I get back to Indy I’ll have it read.  The problem with this book is that it’s from MY heart…I read that first chapter and sobbed out loud because she stated everything I’d been feeling the past few months.  I’m able to read it now without sobbing because luckily I found some difference in our story so it doesn’t feel AS personal, but I still have moments where the tears well up and I can’t see for a few minutes.  Mark make fun UNTIL I read him that first chapter and I kid you not…he too felt it was too close to home and we were sobbing together!  So now he just touches me when I start the tears because he knows its close.  I’m really enjoying this book.  The writer and I have TONS in common and it seems to be an easy read for me. 
 I’m not really that dumb, I’ve just never been a great reader so books to me were HAVE to’s because the teacher made our grades about them…I’m trying hard to turn them into GET to’s so I can have something to myself…I’ve loved all the reading I get to do with the kids home schooling…but that’s reading aloud to them and it’s fun…so technically I’m reading now more than I’ve ever read my entire life! 
OK…so the beach turned out to be wonderful.  Mark had hidden my maternity suite so I was wearing a silly looking bikini (ONLY cause I’m here in CALI…NEVER would this thing touch my bod if we were near INDY! and you will NEVER seen any pictures!) but the issues ended up being that fabulous sun that we hadn’t seen since Indiana…and we left the beach with some nice redness to us…AND my belly! 



 We put our beach stuff into the bug and decided to head to the wharf for a little fun.  We ended up hanging out at the Greek Festival for a short time watching the Greeks perform cool dances – the kids and I have talked recently about the Greeks and the gods and goddesses that they had/have.  So this was a good learning…I LOVE learning! 
                The kids kept complaining about how empty their tummies were so we had a great idea:  We’d walk down the wharf and taste ALL the clam chowder soups they always have…by the time we were done everyone was satisfied.  We each had a good 7-8 little cups of chowder!  Sweet!!  Hunger diverted for FREE!  We did a little shopping and ended up adding ice cream to our tummies just to give us the energy to walk back to the car! Ha!!  As we walked back to the bug we declared the day a HUGE family fun success!!
                Today, Tuesday, Mark didn’t have to work until 4 so after our first half of school and then lunch we took off again for the beach.  This time with our bikes!  Keegan’s training wheels have been lifted as well as his seat…my little man’s grown SO much!  And this was our first big family ride!  He’s been riding in our parking lot but without the bike rack (which Mark brought back with him after his short trip home) we weren’t able really to ride anywhere!  So today we had a great ride down our trail next to the ocean.  It was so cute to hear Keegan cheer himself on (after all this was the longest he’d ridden!).  You’d hear, “Come on Lightning and Thunder (this is what he named his bike)…you can do this Keegan Scott…petal…petal…petal man!”  He wiped out a nice 4 times and we had to stop to rest at least that many as well, but the boy never gave up!  He said falling in the sand was much nicer then when he feel not on the sand!!  I LOVE this boy!!  I can’t wait to see him riding his bike next to the ocean without those training wheels!  He’s bound and determined!  We’ve had a nice quiet evening…but we miss daddy already…it’s nice having him home for such a long time!
Also...it was time...I was ignoring the fact that my wedding ring was starting to feel tight and here and there it felt very snug...but I came to the realization that IF I didn't take it off now...it REALLY might not come off later or worst it'll have to be cut off (like my neighbor).  So after lots of cold water and oily soap and lotion I was able to swist and turn and shred my finger as I got it off!  Holy Pain!!
Never fear...we headed to Kohls to find me my 4th Fake wedding ring!  It's so shiny!!
I LOVE how big I get'em...you can go BIG when you go fake you know!
Ha!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment