Friday, September 23, 2011

Sunday of our Traveling North...Glass Sands

                  So we had a beautiful warm breakfast at the hotel…Keegan was a little sad that the hotel room itself didn’t sport any snacks (snack bar) but he loved our little tiny fridge esp. after we placed the left over carrots and hummus in it!  He thought those were the room snacks…he said, “They just don’t have the candy here…just carrots!”
After breakfast we loaded up the bug and took off.  We decided to take our time and head north for a few miles to drive through 1 of 2 famous trees!  I noticed an old billboard and read it out loud, “Your Ad Here”  without thinking I said, “10+2 that’s my add..hahahaha, I’m SO funny!”  But for some reason I truly thought I was saying this in my head…Mark looked over at me as if I were an alien!  He was clueless…but now that I said it out loud I had to explain it to him and instead of everyone thinking I’m AS funny as I think…they all laughed at me and how my brain works!  I need to practice talking to myself IN my head! Ha! Mark says THIS is why he loves me SO!!
 This is where we took pictures with Bigfoot, driving through the tree, the tree houses, and a few more!  So we were ready to leave, and Grissom blessed us with a dirty diaper, before I knew what was going on Mark had taken him to the car and started changing him in the front seat (the same seat I was sitting in…thanks my love!) Anyway, Mark was also trying to multi-task and get the other kids in the car and buckled ready to go…all of a sudden something must have bitten him cause he was in a HUGE rush to exit this cool place.  But he didn’t think before he yelled, “Kids…get in this car now!”  See what he didn’t think about was the fact that he was totally blocking the way to the back seat with the diaper change…without thinking Keegan jumps HEAD first into the car through Mark’s driver side window…but what was funny was the lightening speed he did it in…the kids had his tush in his seat before you really even knew what he did!  I start cracking up cause I knew what was going to happen next.  Mark was MAD…he looks at Keegan and raising his voice slightly he asked, “Why did you just do that son?”  Keegan so innocently looked him in the eye and raising his hand while shrugging as if to say, DUH, he replies, “Dad…I had no other way to get into the car like you said!”  Mark very firmly told him never to do that again.  As he backed out of the passenger seat and out of sight from Keegan he looked at me, we both laughed and Mark said…I ALWAYS wanted to do that as a kid!!
It just made us all stop and laugh for a bit!
We are all standing like Big Foot...
Daddy too...

Next up...THE BIG TREE...


looking up from inside as we drove through...

HOW COOL!!

 Ella's shot...
the tree houses...


inside one of the tree houses...
aren't the too cute! these were real trees and they just carved them right where they were at!

More of Ella's shots...Keeg was SO cute!
it's Ginger Ale - but Mark thought it looked funny!





Keegan working the log with an OLD saw...or at least he THOUGHT he was doing it!

Gris laying on Lama fur...super soft!


So much into posing for pictures now...


Now that we’d driven through a huge dead tree we thought we’d head south to drive though a huge LIVE tree…so off we headed south to Leggett, CA.  We decided to take the scenic route and were SO glad we did…it was beautiful…I know I say that ALL the time, but I’m SO serious…I LOVE trees!!  I might even be willing to hug one before we come home!
Here are those pics:
I got to drive through this one…so now the count is Mark=driving though 2 trees, and me=just 1…BUT mine was the ONLY live tree…GO ME!

I'm having Computer problems...so I'll try to make this 1 of 2 posts...so...this is TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment