Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mark had to work…FRIDAY! What?!?

                So I have found that I do great with the kids and I’m good with me handling the bedtime/evening routine Monday –Thursday…living in this 900 square foot ‘shoebox’ can only keep you sane for SO long…so by Friday, I need to have some ‘Daddy takes over time so Mommy doesn’t jump out the window’ and a glass of wine...You know…a totally normal thing for moms! 
                       It’s Thursday afternoon and about 2 hours before he had to leave for work he tells me that he will be working until 3 a.m. or so coming home to sleep and then back to work for about 4-6 hours during the day on Friday.  Let’s be honest…I mean, I’ll be honest.  I wasn’t happy!  My thoughts were mostly running about how in the world can they (CMS) expect these boys to work all night then again that next day without a good night’s rest!  Then I went into what this REALLY meant…this mean changing our Family plans of attending the Good Friday Service to not attending…this also means that our beach plans with the kids was also not going to happen.  Now what? 
                 Well, to top it all off Friday ended up being cold and cloudy which = staying INSIDE our little shoebox!  So…we 'crafted' our way thru Good Friday.  Mark got home about 5p.m. and took us ALL out to dinner.  We went to a little place called China Chili.  We ate like there was no tomorrow, but what made this fun was that the lady that served us was the owner.  She was so sweet and spoke pretty good English.  We talked with her for awhile, she loved our kids!  The food was so good that we will be going back.  I love those little hole-in-the wall places! 
                                                  Then we last minute took the kids to see the movie Rio.  Can you say TOTALLY CUTE!!  We LOVED this movie – all of us…Grissom too!  We totally gave it 2 thumbs up!  So I guess you could say we lived!!  I do know very much that I CAN BE a nice little - cute - brat!

No comments:

Post a Comment