Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sunday to Today...

                  After church on Sunday we drove to what’s called the Fisherman’s Wharf.  This is the pier.  We got out and walked to the end to see what we could see.  It’s also the marina area.  The coolest part which I’m sure will become a huge irritant within time is the FOG.  Every morning fog comes in from the ocean and creeps (and I do mean creep) into the mainland.  There are a few areas that the fog doesn’t stick in and those are called ‘sunbelts.’   
                               We are in Seaside (which is like a town within Monterey) and that happens to be a Sunbelt area (yeah!!) which means the fog goes all around us which is kind of spooky too.  Most days the fog gets burned off by 10-11 a.m. but Sunday it seemed to hang out most of the day.  I’ll try to attach a picture or 2 of it from the Wharf when I can. 
                                                          As we walked we got to see the fishermen.  They were very friendly and willing to ‘show-off’ their catch.  They were catching Mariel fish.  These were little fish with neon green/teal markings on their backs.  And we learned that when you have fishermen here you always have seagulls (Keeg: Sea Eagles) and seals!!  We seriously had tons all around just waiting for someone to feed them.  I’ll post a few of those pics too!!
  After eating lunch out we rested most of this day.  Grissom’s getting his 2 year molars and I think he’s got to be growing as well…so it was a great day to just rest!
Missing home and everything (but tornadoes) about spring time, but I’m glad this time seems to be flying by.  I want to enjoy life out here and I don’t want to look back on this time and regret the way we lived it.  I am so glad to be making a few friends and I’m looking forward to hanging out with them.  Busy, busy, busy = time that flies = coming home.
                                          
Today is Tuesday, which is the day I’ve written this entry.  Today’s been a pretty long day but good one.  Monday Grissom was in my arms all day long still not feeling good.  Today he’s been almost too active and yet he’ll lay on the floor here and there.  I did get a nice workout in AT the beach – what a terrible place to work out!
                              Today our neighbor, Kathern came over and hung out with us for a good 3-4 hours!  We talked and talked and talked.  I really enjoyed her company and getting to know her!  We were doing laundry while she was here and while our laundry was in the dryer someone went through it and seriously stole Mark’s jeans (we’d just gotten him 3 pairs from goodwill to work in!)  So now we have to get him more and I GET to sit and watch...GUARD my laundry while it’s being cleaned! Yeah!!  I hope whoever took those jeans really needed them and I'm very thankful thet were from goodwill and not an too much money!
 If you are following this blog thing, please pray that I will stay available for those around us and God’s timing as well as wisdom and discernment.  Pray that I will stay humble but stand firm in what I know to be true.  Help protect our family from evil and pray that our time here will be pleasant and enjoyable and that we will make HIS mark before we leave! 
                                 Now if we can JUST get through Easter without a breakdown desire for home I think we really WILL survive!  I am SO grateful for what Jesus did, not only saving me from my sins and giving me an eternity in Heaven with him, but loving me for who I am and no matter what I do He’ll always love me – where I’m at!  I praise you Jesus for giving your life and being God, conquoring, and coming back from true death!  I hope YOU know Him and know that He did this for YOU too!! Happy (a little early) Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment