Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Muffin Man Song.

 Grissom is gaining character each and every day. 
 It was almost as if the ride out here was all that boy needed to turn on his ‘talking like crazy’ switch!  He’s talking SO much and really quiet well (if you are used to it of course). 
On the way out here we were careful to stop all the movies and DVD’s to just sing songs…songs for little guys; songs like the B-I-B-L-E, Jesus Loves Me, This little Light of Mine, Deep and Wide, and lots others.  I also took this time to sing “Do you know the Muffin Man” song. 
And we discovered 2 things about this song:
#1 I TOTALLY had the muffin man’s address ALL wrong 
and
 #2 Grissom refused to label this man using the ‘lower’ form (MUFFIN) so he sang: The Cupcake Man! 
Now let me explain the first thing we learned.  The song actually goes (I know you know this but stay with me here):
Do you know the Muffin Man, the Muffin Man, and Muffin Man. 
Do you know the Muffin Man who lives on Drury Lane. 
                             Easy to remember, right? 
Well you’d think so…NOT as easy if you are ME!  I don’t understand why my brain works this way, but it just does…Mark was amazed at how screwed up I got it…and he said it must have been in High School and this was the way some guys sang it…but this is the way MY version goes: 
Do you know the Muffin Man, the Muffin Man, the Muffin Man. 
Do you know the Muffin Man who lives on Marlboro Lane! 
                                     Ha!  I never realized I had this man creating his muffins on a cigarette Road! Hahahahahaha!!  Anyway, no worries now…I got it straight!  Go ahead and laugh with me! 
Anyway, even now if I sing this child’s song with Grissom within ear shot I hear him yell,”No Mum…top it!  Cup-a-Cake Man!!” and he'll continue his version of "The Cupcake Man!!"
You gotta LOVE US!

No comments:

Post a Comment