Tuesday, May 3, 2011

San Francisco weekend

So we left this morning (Friday) around 10 just to get away for a night.  We started by having lunch at ½ Moon Bay…we decided not to pay the entry fee of $11 just to park for 1-2 hours and so we parked about ¼ mile away and walked…but what we didn’t expect to have to do when we got to the beach was scale down a nice dirt wall to get to the beach.  Mark went first, he climbed…I mean ‘fell’ and almost tripped at the end…then he came back and helped the rest down.  Ella and Keegan have been taking serious notes from Bear (Man vs. Wild) and they did great going down…Grissom was carried safely down by Mark…and then Mommy started the first 3 seconds walking but lost my gumption and sat right down and scooted in the dirt screaming the entire way down!  It wasn’t nice or pretty and I had a beautiful dirt stain on the bottom of my jeans the rest of the day, one that made it look like I was unable to hold my…self, but I made it down dag-gone it! 
                 Oh, and I must say again, I AM camping!  And I AM becoming my mother…the last few times we’ve been to the beach I have to go…you know to the restroom, bad…without any hope of a potty nearby…so I’ve been totally wing’n it!!  Yea…my girls’ be so proud!!  I went after Keegan and he yelled, “Mom, careful of that wind; you will tinkle on you!” ha!!
It was VERY windy at the bay beach…but we did what we do best and that’s have fun!  Daddy and the boys played a little football while Ella and I walked along the water looking for sea shells…it was so cold that we jogged back to get warm.  (Plus Ella told my mom over the phone awhile back that she was trying to ‘workout’ everyday here!)  That’s my girl!
Going up the bank was much better then coming down…again we took what we learned from Bear and climbed up the steep bank…we found a better spot where we could stair step up on some rocks!
We then stopped at this really cool Spanish outdoor store/place.  They sold yard ornaments?? Or statues and they were super awesome!!  We thought about getting one for You, Roxanne…but they didn’t have any gigantic Flamingos!!  (love you!!) 
Beautiful sights to see all over California.  We headed straight for the Twin Peaks in the middle of San Fran…breathtaking…really.  I mean we ‘hiked’ (I use this word very loosely for Dana’s sake cause she’s a true hiking beast not to be compared to!!) but as we walked to the top of 1 of the peaks it was so windy we almost got blown over…I’m SO thankful Grissom was in the backpack!  And boy oh boy was that wind COLD!  So cold it took our breath away! The sight was gorgeous too!!  San Francisco was awesome!  I’ve never seen so many places to live ON TOP OF EACH OTHER!  It was almost as if there was a race to see who could live the closest to their neighbor!  And STEEP…holy, holiness those roads were so steep I had to prop myself up by throwing my feet to the dash just to keep me in my seat! 
We drove down Lombard Street which pretty much zigzagged all the way down!  Mark and I totally agrees that IF we’d been the type who married and didn’t have/want kids THIS is where we would have gone to live…a flat on one of these contemporary streets…but that can be our ‘next’ life!
We are staying a few blocks away from the Fisherman’s Wharf and so we got Crabs @ Joe’s Crab Shack and afterwards we walked along the piers and just had a great time! 
                We invested in a ‘family’ kite.  The type that’s stronger then the plastic ones, this wind would ripe those babies to shreds, so as a family we picked one – a neon Green Jellyfish (Thinking of you, Lauren!!).
We got a map of the area before heading out to dinner.  Keegan decided that he was in charge of that.  We finished dinner and as we were leaving he totally remembered it was his job!  I was so proud.  Before we left the restaurant Mark took El and Keeg to the bathroom.  Keegan had his map with him, but failed to return with it.  Mark had this look on his face that told me there was a story here!  He comes up and says, “Keeg needs as much sanitizer as you’ve got in your Mommy Bag…he went in to the bathroom and comes out all proud of himself and tells Mark, “Don’t worry dad, the map fell all the way into the water in the potty, but I got it out!  I saved it!” and then hands the map to Mark!  Mark went on to tell me that he washed their hands a good ½ dozen times!
Tomorrow we are going to Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Keegan,
    He was just trying to help and not disappoint anyone. Good save little guy. No flamingo's please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sounds like San Francisco was wonderful. Glad you all had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete