Thursday, May 5, 2011

MY Museum:

So the first Tuesday of every month is $2 Tuesdays at what is suppose to be their children’s museum.  So…we went!  It was super fun!  Very small compared to our 5 star children's museum in Indy, but still it was cute and fun and didn’t take all we had! 
They had a little golf area with 3 holes to play and a cart to play on :


 a fun tree house:
and farmer’s learning corner with a farmer’s market: 
   a dr. sues playhouse, a theater with tons of costumes, a few other fun things to play on:
 and a craft corner.  Ella and I were in heaven!  They take recycled donations with construction paper, crayons, markers, paste (to eat? NO), and hot glue guns and then you just create whatever! So she and I did just that! 

this was the horn mommy made.

 And now I have a crafter on my hands cause the rest of the day we did crafts back at home!  Anyway, this was a great place.  Daddy played with the boys while Ella got some much needed “just Mommy” time!

77 degrees
Today, Wednesday it got up to 77 degrees!!  It was a much needed heat wave…it’s over now, although tomorrow is suppose to be 71!  Let me explain…it IS beautiful here no matter what the temp.  and 60 = shorts and even a t-shirt but it also means you might add a jacket or a sweatshirt.  I’m NOT complaining but it got to the point where I was starting to think my bathing suit would NEVER see the beach ever!  We do go as often as we talk about it…by this point, 1 month into our time here, our van floor actually looks like a beach!  But most of the times we’ve gone I’ve had something – pants, sweatshirt, or even a blanket around me.  The wind is just a killer here.  And it’s cold which then turns my finger’s colors…yah! 
But today was SO beautiful and SO warm!!  I was able to show off my puke-making self in my suite and play bad-mitten…then I had to guard our stuff and ended up warring against this stupid little Seagull!  That little poop pecked his way INTO our bag and pulled clothes out to get to the bag of chips in which he popped a hole into, then called all his friends over to party!  It was pretty funny…as soon as we saw our stuff all spread out in the sand I yell out, “Mine…Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine!” Cause they really sound like that – from the Nemo movie!  As I go running waving my arms and screaming to get them to run.  They all left except for their leader…him and I went at it for awhile!
Anyway, I was SO used to wearing clothes that I ended up super tan super quick cause I forgot to put my sunscreen on.  The kids even got a little toasty! 
SO: P.S. If you have time please pray:  I know this is silly but nothings too small for God.  So I ask this in all seriousness.  Please pray for Mark, Mike, Gregg, and I.  We are all here with none of our own furniture.  We are ‘renting’ the basic furniture from the apartment complex.  Our mattresses are at least 20 years old if not older.  They are hard and causing a TON of pain.  As I sit here to type if I turn to my right too much or even look down too far I can’t breathe.  They brought us a nice egg crate thing to try to help…but I have a feeling there’s going to be a little fight!  We CAN’T do this for 5 more months…so just pray that God will touch our backs and heal the pains that we are having a hard time getting over.  I’m stretching daily sometimes multiple times but I can’t even workout right now!  Anyway, the guys are also at a point where they are working in a 4 foot tunnel…and have to crouch anyway…so this is REALLY paying a toll on them and their bodies! 
Ok…bed time…I’ve got tons more pics I’d like to add they just take FOREVER to add them…so I’ll try to get to them asa I can!!
Love and Miss you all!!  HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all you AMAZING MOTHERS!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment